Dr. Frostad & Toothfairy Visit Kindergarten Class
Dr. Frostad and his assistant, Pam the Toothfairy, have the privledge teaching a Rio Linda kindergarten class about the importance of brushing and flossing. Each year, the duo brings toothbrushes, toothpaste, and floss to kindergarteners and demonstrates correct ways to brush and floss.
The Toothfairy grants each kindergartener with their own bag of goodies, a toothbrush, tube of toothpaste, and floss to take home and practice what they learned. Remember! The longer the food stays in your teeth, the greater chance of getting a cavity!
Dr. Frostad shows his slideshow to the class, this slide showing the “bugs” on your teeth if you don’t brush and floss everyday. Dr. Frostad and the Toothfairy give examples of food that are good and bad for your teeth.
Did you ever wonder what food/snacks to give your child?
Food/Snacks that may break teeth:
- Tortilla Chips
- Corn Nuts, Nuts
- Popcorn (may cause gum infection)
- French bread, Croutons
- Now and Laters, Jawbreakers, Jolly Ranchers, Hard Candies, Suckers
- Granola Bars (hard)
Foods/Snacks that are good:
- Cheese, Cheese Sticks
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetables
- Oatmeal, Macaroni and Cheese
- Sugarfree Gum
- Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Jello
- Crackers, Low Sugar Cereals (brush teeth afterwards)
Foods/Snacks to avoid:
- Raisins, Dried Fruit
- Fruit Rolls, Fruit Snacks
- Jelly Bean, Licorice, Tootsie Rolls, Skittles, etc.
- Suckers, Hard Candies, Carmel
- Chewy Granola Bars, Kudo Bars
- High Sugar Cereals – Fruit Loops, Trix, etc.
- Nerds, Warheads (may burn oral tissue)